Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2007

42km and friends!

I’m just soooo proud of them! It was weekend.. already 1 ½ weeks ago, and some people came to visit the lovely town called Copenhagen! Maciek and Marcin the two polish guys I met in Åbenrå came to town, to join the marathon. I was so happy to see them again – so I could spend some time with friends instead of sitting home and working ;)
Zui, die charming girl from Hungary came also for some days – was great to see her again – I shared the room with her in good old Åbenrå. And a big surprise: Annika came! She is german, and I know her also from the same Danish course as the others – in Åbenrå. I talked with her just 2 days ago, and she said: Oh what a pity, I can’t come.. yeah right ;)
So I had a lot of friends around me – and together with Krysia, Geraldine and Vincenzo – it was just an amazing weekend! Another reunion!
And Sunday was the big day: Maciek and Marcin started for the Marathon! Early in the morning we went there to support our polish friends, and cheered and supported them from the first step the the last one.. Actually – after they started we first drank some coffee ;) – but we waited to see them running – it was such an amazing feeling to see them passing by after 26 km! So full with pride! I know.. I would lie on the street after one kilometer ;)
Marcin was quite fast around. After 3 hours 38 minutes he reached the Goal – when he arrived he seemed to be fresh like woken up and taken a shower, even thou he ran 42 km! It was already his 4th marathon. Maciek ran that day his first marathon, and arrived after 5hours and 52minutes. We all starred into this one direction where we suspected that Maciek will appear – we all got half sunburned – but the seeing Maciek crossing the finishing line – just amazing!
I’m so proud of you two guys! And thank all of you for that amazing weekend!

Keine Kommentare: